Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Scrappy Journal

I took Mary Ann Moss's Remains Of The Day on-class. It is an EXCELLENT class with PDF's, video's, class blog, yahoo group, & flickr group. You can find info about the class & her other classes on her blog .

http://dispatchfromla.typepad.com/dispatch_from_la/

In this class the pages are from paper scraps that gather in your stash & can't bear to get rid of. They are then sewn on or together to make the signatures. There are places for journaling, tucking in receipts or goodies from your day, pockets & anything else you want to add.

The cover has a paper base with the fabric being a kind of slipcover. The idea for the cover is to again use the fabric scraps in your stash. Then sew it down "guerrilla" style. A Mary Ann Moss phrase.

My pics are in the reverse order that I wanted. Oh well. This one below has my first "ticket" from my new POGO printer, a Christmas present from Sam. Plus some fabric & painted paper scraps.

This is one of my favorites. The butterfly is a note card.
This has a clear pocket.

This is my first page. Mary Ann had a pic of herself on her first page. I did the same thing!! I found this in an old Smithsonian mag.


Here is my cover. All wrapped up & cozy.
I had made some journals inspired by Mary Ann's. But they just didn't have "it". Now I understand her methods. She has the amazing ability to make order out of chaos. I think a lot like her but am unable to break it in to steps like she does.
She's my Art Hero!!!







4 comments:

Tammy Freiborg said...

What a fun class! I love the cover color, fabric, ribbon combinations. I'm going to have to get out my sewing machine!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Happy New Year, my friend!

I love your journal. Mary Ann is always a great blog read for me, and lately I've been aching to decorate journal pages like she does. The next time I can register for that class is 1/15 and I think I'm gonna. You talked me into it! Thanks, and much love to you in 2010. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Your journal is beautiful!! What a fun class this must be!!

Mescrap said...

Those pages are so beautiful .