Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hello Again

Hey, Hows it going? Yeah I know. It's been a while. I was actually spending some time outside & enjoying the sunshine. But our weather here on the east coast has changed to cool/cold, windy & rainy. So inside days.

It seems odd to me that I have to force myself to get back in the Art habit! So I have been doing a lot of backgrounds or maybe they are just visual pages. I will have to see. I just read this great quote......

"Art may never be finished, but at a certain point you let it go and call it done"

by Julia Cameron
author of The Artists Way & many other helpful books


This page had some paint & ink leftovers wiped on to it. I added the rest as a listen to your gut (maybe I should refer to it as intuitive). I used what ever color paint, pen & pics my hands went to first.

This is my version of a shabby flower. It includes fabric, ribbon, lace & yarn. I used hot (low temp) glue. I watched a video on Vimo by Robin-Marie Smith. And she used a much better glue- fabric tack. I like this technique! You work with what you have & the results are a little different each time.




2 comments:

Tammy Freiborg said...

Love the daffodils against the blue in your header! Great pages and so glad you are back to blogging!

crafty creations said...

Hi Laura - I came across your blog whilst blog hopping - love your work and shall be popping back - I enjoy all kinds of mixed media and am just learning to pencil draw and move on to water colour - Nice to "meet" you Hilda