Tuesday, December 30, 2008

An Addition to My Recycled Journal


I am working toward the create everyday way of thinking and doing. I have to remind myself that to create everyday does not mean I have to finish something everyday. I want to incorporate more of my drawings into my art. I usually avoid drawing in my altered books because then it would have to be permanent. (Yes I question this line of thinking too. The stable voice in my head says you could just rip the page out or gesso over it you know.) So I did this piece on another ripped out page of that yucky art book, to add to my recycled journal. I will do something else on the other side, hhmm what will it be? I am growing to like my green girl.

3 comments:

carole brungar said...

Hi! Thanks for dropping by my blog! We are lucky we get to use the bed! I mean, I wonder at times who actually owns the place!!! I'd be lost without them.
Happy creating for 2009!
Carole

femminismo said...

This could be my mantra: I don't have to finish this today. Thanks for reminding me I have permission to do this very thing and not feel guilty. When I get back to it, I will have learned more and it will be even better! - jeanne in Oregon

Laura Kay said...

Jeanne, Maybe we could remind each other!!!


Carole, I just love my pets too.

Thanks for stopping by girls!!
Laura