Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gesso is the duct tape of the art world





This is before and this is after!!!

This is the taped pages in Sarah's soul journal prompts. I had alot of trouble with this spread. It has been many things. I would work on it and not like it so I'd leave it alone for a while. Finally I pulled off most of the tape (which now included many layers of paint, gesso & stuff), gessoed (again) and used watercolor crayons and it was so easy this time!! The word love on the right was from what we were to write before the tape went down. The prompt was "I forgot to tell you....." http://sarahwhitmire.blogspot.com/2008_07_01_archive.html take a peek for your self!

I wasn't able to create over the holiday - family & not feeling well. I did finish my teesha moore inspired piece. (I'll post a pic later when I find my camera) And I have figured out how I want to do my version of the Advent calender!! Now to just start that!!

No comments: